Website DB Engineering & Consulting Romania
DB Engineering & Consulting is a part of the DB group, a world leading global railway company with an extensive organisation in Germany and projects around the world. Our company offers technically sophisticated and customised infrastructure, mobility and transport solutions. With our sustainable concepts, gained from our experience in project work for decades, we ensure the future success of economic regions, make important contributions to the protection of the environment and help shape the world of the future.
We are seeking a motivated and experienced Signalling Engineer to handle the design, implementation and realisation of Rail projects. This is a permanent role that reports directly to the Branch Manager and requires a highly responsible and accountable individual. The job opening is located at our office in Bucharest, Romania and offers exciting benefits and outstanding international design experience.
- Developed social skills;
- Working along international virtual design teams;
- Deliver ETCS projects worldwide;
- Being able to execute signalling projects throughout their different stages (from feasibility, outline, detail design, to design support to final testing and commissioning);
- Produce various Signalling design project deliverables, such as Signalling Specification technical documents, Signalling long plans, hardware wiring diagrams, schematics, interlocking hardware design and interlocking data preparation etc;
- Produce design and undertake Production Check of own work and/or undertake Independent Check of a colleague’s work as required by the project;
- Provide support and guidance to less experience members of the Signalling team, and encourage collaboration and personal development;
- Implement and handle the commission of signalling systems incl. while considering the operational requirements as an integral part of the design;
- Ensure project success especially with regards to content, costs, quality and time;
- Assist the construction of Control, Command and Signalling systems design services;
- Bachelors/Masters degree in relevant field of Engineering or equivalent experience;
- Highly mobile, willing to travel when required to meet business needs;
- At least 3 years of professional experience with rail signalling design;
- Previous experience of working with British Railway Signalling system (i.e. Network Rail) is not essential but would be an advantage;
- Holder of one or more IRSE (IRSE – Institution of Railway Signal Engineers, irse.org ) Licences (Signalling Principles Designer 1.1.550, Signalling Design Verifier 1.1.160, Signalling Designer 1.1.510) is not essential but would be an advantage;
- Good knowledge of ERTMS / ETCS Level 2 and European transport networks is not essential but would be an advantage;
- Experience with planning and producing compliant signalling schemes;
- Business-focused mindset and manner with keen and insightful perceptions;
- Proof of working experience with interdisciplinary teams;
- Working experience with international teams would be an advantage;
- Keen to develop new skills;
- Excellent English skills are required. Other language skills, especially German, are beneficial.
Thank you for considering DB Engineering & Consulting as prospective employer!
Please note that your application will be saved and used in electronic form as a part of the application process for this position.