Website DB Engineering & Consulting Romania
DB Engineering & Consulting is a part of the DB group, a world leading global railway company with an extensive organisation in Germany and projects around the world. Our company offers technically sophisticated and customised infrastructure, mobility and transport solutions. With our sustainable concepts, gained from our experience in project work for decades, we ensure the future success of economic regions, make important contributions to the protection of the environment and help shape the world of the future.
We are seeking a motivated and experienced Telecoms Engineer to handle the design, implementation and realisation of Rail projects. This is a permanent role that reports directly to the Branch Manager and requires a highly responsible and accountable individual. The job opening is located at our office in Bucharest, Romania and offers exciting benefits and outstanding international design experience.
- Developed social skills;
- Working along international virtual design teams;
- Deliver telecoms projects worldwide;
- Being able to execute telecoms rail projects throughout their different stages (from feasibility, outline, detailed design, to design support for final testing and commissioning);
- Implement best practices and industry standards in testing and commissioning activities as well as design review/revision;
- Review the testing and commissioning processes and any related documents;
- Provide support and verification of cost calculations;
- Ensure project success especially with regards to content, costs, quality and time;
- Bachelors/Masters degree in relevant field of Engineering or equivalent experience;
- Highly mobile, willing to travel when required to meet business needs;
- At least 3 years of professional experience in railway telecoms design and telecoms infrastructure projects or equivalent experience;
- A working knowledge of GSM-R system is not essential but would be an advantage;
- Experience of conventional copper cable telecoms networks and optical fibre telecoms networks;
- Experience of various railway operational telecommunications infrastructure including: telecoms in Signalling Control Centre, Level Crossings CCTV, station platform telephones, SCADA, etc;
- Experience of interfacing with other railway disciplines (i.e. Signalling, Civils, Track, Electrification, etc.);
- Experience in applying BIM in design is not essential but would be an advantage;
- Previous experience of working for British railway operators (i.e. Network Rail, London Underground, etc.) is not essential but would be an advantage;
- Previous experience of working on ERTMS / ETCS Level 2 projects is not essential but would be an advantage;
- Practical experience in Telecommunication Systems;
- Innovative mind-set and manner with keen and insightful perceptions;
- Proof of working experience with interdisciplinary teams;
- Working experience with international teams would be an advantage;
- Keen to challenge existing standards and develop new solutions;
- Excellent English skills are required. Other language skills, especially German, are beneficial.
Thank you for considering DB Engineering & Consulting as prospective employer!
Please note that your application will be saved and used in electronic form as a part of the application process for this position.