Location: Bucuresti, B, Romania
The future of transportation is already here.
Alstom, with recorded sales of 7.3 billion in the 2016/17 fiscal year, is the world leader in integrated transport systems and continues to push the boundaries of innovation & digital solutions for transportation systems and e-mobility. We are at the forefront of providing sustainable modes of transport with the largest range of rail solutions in the market. Headquartered in France, we are present in over 60 countries and today employ 32,800 people worldwide. For more information, please visit: http://www.alstom.com/
Alstom in Romania has been present over 20 years employing today over 450 people.Alstom, registered major success in infrastructure, signaling and also services. The long term service agreement for the maintenance of the rolling stock of Metrorex is a major reference and shows the expertise of Alstom in this field. Alstom will continue to grow his business in Romania proposing further services for the local market and export, creating regional hub in Services and Signaling.
We operate in the domain of Design and construction of safety critical transportation systems.
Very accurate verification (did we do the design correctly versus the internal process?), Validation (did we do a design meeting the customer requirements?) and integration ( is the system operating properly considering the nominal and possible degraded situations?) are mandatory as per the related Standards applicable.
The working environment is excellent in terms of possibility to learn how to master complex and modern technology in the domain of real-time embedded systems, communication technology, System and Software engineering, Advanced design and validation methodology. It requires people motivated to learn, passionate to get results, ready to work as a team player and oriented to meet the customer expectation and satisfaction.
The ERTMS Verification & Validation Engineer position, reporting direct to Testing and Verification and Validation Manager will as a responsibility have to perform different activities for achieving analysis in order to define specifications for building effective systems, capable to meet user requirements.
Specific responsibilities of the role:
- Reading, understanding and analyzing the test documentation (CRS, SRS, norms, regulations, etc.);
- Preparing and maintenance of test infrastructure in test center;
- System testing of products and systems according to indications of test manager (developing test scripts (software) that are clear, concise, documented and simple to maintain/ doing manual and automatic tests/ writing documentation);
- Bug tracking, analyzing, code adaptation and fixing of errors in Visual Basic;
- Cooperation in interpretation and documentation of standards requirements (with test manager);
- Execution and supporting the testing of systems at external approval bodies/ entities (e.g. on site, via telephone/ mail);
- Maintain a good relationship with colleagues from abroad;
- Ensures that the applicable regulations, guidelines and internal procedures related to validation of computer systems and associated infrastructure are followed and applied during all stages of the defined software development life cycle (SDLC) and project phase activities;
- Analyzes the validation impact of changes and helps in formulating the validation strategy for changes to existing or new computer systems and infrastructure.
- Sets up, configures and maintains integration systems in production processes and takes part in the implementation of simulators and test tools;
Skills & Education:
- Absolvent Facultate Transporturi
- Cunostinte limba engleza/ limba italiana reprezinta un avantaj
- Cunostinte proiectare
- Contract perioada nedeterminata
- University Degree level in Electronics/Automation Engineering, Transportation Engineering, Information Technology,Mathematics pr Physics
- Knowledge of Electric and Electronic basic principles.
- Basic knowledge of ITC Hardware architectures (client/server, workstation/Blade, Ip networking, routing, operating systems).
- Basic knowledge of software programming
- Basic knowledge of Railway Signalling Principles and Rules
- Previous experience in railway applications would be an advantage
- Previous experience in Testing and Validation of hardare and/or software area is appreciated
Alstom is committed to create a diverse & international working environment, that reflects the future of our industry, our clients and end-users. As an employee, you will have a unique opportunity to continue to build your career and directly contribute to the expanding growth of the global transport industry.